OPTIS is our online parent teacher interview system for booking interviews with your child’s teacher(s) during reporting period. Please see instructions below.
Click link to access OPTIS – https://secure.parentinterviews.com/ches
- To create an account, follow the link above.
- At the OPTIS web page, click the link “New Parent: Start by clicking here“. Take care to fill out the form accurately. Write down your username and password as you will need this again in term two. Click continue. (In term two, you can simply sign in using your username and password from term one; please do not create another account). Please note: All parents are considered ‘new parents’ in term one.
- In the next screen click the link on the right called “Start Making Appointments Now“.
- The next screen is called Add a Student. You will need to complete the form, filling in the first and last name of the student. Don’t forget to check the box if you need to add another child. Click continue.
- In the next screen called Make Appointments, check the box beside your child(ren)’s name(s), then click continue.
- You will now click on “Parent Teacher Interviews K – 7” to book appointments.
- In the next screen, check the boxes next to the teacher(s) you need to see and click continue.
- The final step is choosing the time for each teacher by clicking the arrow next to the time at the right of the screen. Once finished selecting times, click continue. If you wish to view or print your appointments, click the appropriate link in this final screen.
If the teacher you are looking to set up an appointment time with is already booked, please ensure to add your name to the wait list when prompted. Teachers will get in contact with everyone on their wait list at a later date.
Parent teacher interviews can NOT be booked or changed on interview day. If you need to cancel an appointment on interview day, please email your child’s teacher or leave a message at the office.
OPTIS is only accessible for booking parent teacher interviews during reporting time.